GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
We want you to be safe when you climb.
- A comprehensive safety and maintenance standard schedule is strictly adhered to at Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown.
- All climbers (and supervising adults for children under 12 years) are required to attend a safety briefing prior to climbing. During the safety briefing, our trained staff will assist with fitting the harness, will explain how to climb safely, how to use the clips or carabiners, how to do safety checks and how to jump down from your climb safely. Safety briefings always take place at 10 past the hour.
- If you’re under 12 years of age, you need a staff member/adult to check your harness and belay line before each climb.
- Please wear comfortable climbing gear and ensure that you have closed toe shoes (eg. runners/trainers). Thongs, sandals, clogs etc are not suitable.
- We use the Trublue Auto belay system which has been rated as the safest Worldwide Climbing Safety standard. The belays gently lower climbers to the ground. These belays make it safe and easy to climb free of a belay buddy.
- Maximum weight limit is 130kg and you must fit safely in the harness.
- No food or drink is permitted in the climbing arena.
- Climbers must have their harness checked by a staff member before they enter the climbing arena.
- Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown is an alcohol free centre.