VALUES AND AIMS
- Clip ’n Climb Williamstown believes that the values of honesty and integrity in relation to our dealings with our customers also extend to the collection, storage and use of personal information. This policy confirms Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown’s (our/us) compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act), as amended from time to time, and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Act.
- Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Information is collected from you primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our website and services. Depending on the service you are accessing, you could be asked to provide information such as your name, email address or information about what you like and do not like. It is entirely your choice whether to respond to these questions or not.
- Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown collects two types of information. The first type is anonymous information. This information enables us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive. For instance, we may collect information to tell us how many people visit our website today, but we do not know their names, where they live or their date of birth – they are ‘anonymous’ to us.
- The second type of information that Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown collects is personal information. Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown will collect personal information that lets us know the specifics of who you are such as your name, age, internet address or screen name, billing address, type of computer, credit card number, in order to provide that service or product to you. This information is not available to anonymous users may also be used to inform you of additional products and services which may interest you. You can choose not to receive such information when you are undertaking product or service registration on our website or via opt out’ from promotional emails. We may also ask about your interests, but it is your choice whether to respond.
- How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us, for example when you enter one of the competitions on our website or if you purchase something from us.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
- Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it. Any information we may collect from you will be treated with strict confidentiality. The National Privacy Principles, the Act and general law place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential.
- Under no circumstances will Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our business partners or third party suppliers.
- We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- There will be occasions where it will be necessary for Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown to disclose your personal information to third parties. Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the products or services you have requested, for example, if you purchase products online, Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown will need to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to bill and deliver your products.
- However, the disclosure will only be made where it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you disclosed your personal information. Otherwise than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any organisation or person outside Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown, unless you have authorised us to do so, or unless we are requested to do so by a law enforcement agency in relation to a suspected breach of any law.
USE OF WEBSITE & COOKIES
- We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
- While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
- We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
SECURITY & PASSWORDS
- Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security to ensure that your credit card information is transmitted over secure lines using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL is a protocol that provides communications privacy, authentication and message integrity and prevents eavesdropping, tampering or message forgery by encrypting data.
- Please note that our website does not provide systems for secure transmission of personal information across the internet, except where otherwise specifically stated. You should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting personal information via the internet and that we accept no responsibility for personal information provided via unsecured websites.
- We will not be held liable for loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your personal information or a breach of this policy whether or not such access or breach was caused by our negligence or wilful act or omission or that of our employees or agents.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any personal information. Be responsible whenever you are online.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The security of your information is important to us. The information we have collected about you cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
- You may access your information at any time. If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please contact us. If you discover that there is an error or information is missing, please notify us and we will try to correct or update the information as soon as possible.
- We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
- If you think we have breached the Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below.
- Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Warehouse 2 / 143 Maddox Road, Williamstown North, VIC 3016
Warehouse 2 / 143 Maddox Road, Williamstown North, VIC 3016
0404 828 402