COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
Due to government regulations and to ensure your safety, we are committed to maintaining a hygienic environment. However, please note the following additional measures in place to ensure the wellbeing of all of our customers:
- Climbing sessions are currently capped at 50 minutes to ensure adequate time to sanitise climbing equipment between sessions.
- General climbing sessions are capped at a maximum of 20 climbers with a maximum of 1 adult (or carer/supervisor) permitted to attend per climber booked.
- Government regulations stipulate maximum group sizes and patron capacity. We are committed to undertaking all activities in line with these regulation. We strongly recommend that you book your session online as it is highly unlikely that we will be able to accept “walk-ins”.
- Please refer to our “Party” tab for information about party group sizes and times.
- We will continue to ensure a clean and safe environment for you and your families when attending our site. With time allocated between each climbing session, we will clean our equipment (harnesses and carabiners) and high touch point areas. We also have hand sanitising stations throughout the centre and request that you sanitise upon entry and exit.
- Please “Socially Distance” and always allow a minimum of 1.5 metres between yourself and other customers.
- All customers entering the site will be required to provide their contact details (either via our QR check-in process at entry or by completing the register log). This is required to meet government guidelines in relation to contact tracing.
- We ask that you please do not attend the site if you are feeling unwell and/or have flu like symptoms or if someone in your household is unwell.
- Please do not attend the site if you have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Staff and customers are reminded to cough or sneeze into a tissue or the crook of their elbow and ensure that they adequately wash their hands.
We want you to be safe when you climb.
- A comprehensive safety and maintenance standard schedule is strictly adhered to at Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown.
- All climbers (and supervising adults for children under 12 years) are required to attend a safety briefing prior to climbing. During the safety briefing, our trained staff will assist with fitting the harness, will explain how to climb safely, how to use the clips or carabiners, how to do safety checks and how to jump down from your climb safely. Safety briefings always take place at 10 past the hour.
- If you’re under 12 years of age, you need a staff member/adult to check your harness and belay line before each climb.
- Please wear comfortable climbing gear and ensure that you have closed toe shoes (eg. runners/trainers).
- We use the Trublue Auto belay system which has been rated as the safest Worldwide Climbing Safety standard. The belays gently lower climbers to the ground. These belays make it safe and easy to climb free of a belay buddy.
- Maximum weight limit is 130kg and you must fit safely in the harness.
- No food or drink is permitted in the climbing arena.
- Climbers must have their harness checked by a staff member before they enter the climbing arena.
- Clip ‘n Climb Williamstown is an alcohol free centre.